[ksk-rollover] followup of DNSSEC Workshop at ICANN64

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Thu Mar 14 08:58:07 UTC 2019

Yoshira Yoneya and everyone interested in past and future KSK rollovers,

On 13/03/2019 09.32, Yoshiro YONEYA wrote:
> During DNSSEC Workshop at ICANN64, there were discussion regarding future KSK rollover.
>
> https://64.schedule.icann.org/meetings/961939
>
> This is followup what I said.
>
> I support regular Root Zone KSK Rollover for operational maturity and DNS software matulity.
> The importance is doing regulary.  Frequency may be once per 2-3 years, less than 5 years.

I was not at the workshop, but I agree rolls should be more frequent.

Personally I would like to see rolls frequent enough that everything
around a roll is automated. However, I am also happy if we start with a
cadence of 2-3 years between rolls. 😊

Cheers,

--
Shane