[ksk-rollover] Retention of the 2010 KSK

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Thu Mar 28 11:08:15 UTC 2019

Just confirming my mic comments:

Our current schedule has us remove the 2010 KSK from our HSMs in one of our two key management facilities in May, and from the HSMs in the other key management facility in August. While perhaps not a complete specification, we’d need a strong indicator we need to retain the KSK longer ideally by May, and certainly no later than August, in order to defer the deletion and retain the capability to use it (i.e. to create a signature via a new mechanism that would endorse the subsequent KSK).

kim