[ksk-rollover] ceremonies in April, and managing things less critical and the KSK.

Michael Richardson mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca
Sun Apr 5 21:01:23 UTC 2020

Russ Housley <housley at vigilsec.com> wrote:
    > IANA has emergency procedures that can be used to obtain the needed
    > three shares.  It is clear from the text that you quote, that emergency
    > planning was considered fro the start.  I assume that IANA will declare
    > such an emergency in the next few days, and then generate the next KSK
    > under those procedures.  As I understand it, the auditor will be able
    > to tell that the emergency procedure were properly followed.

Wow, I didn't think that we'd have to generate a new KSK.
I think it's enough to get a new ZSK signed, and my reading of the OARC email
says that this is what they are trying to do.

I guess that I'm right that the TCRs hold the keys to the safety deposit
boxes.
I find it interesting that the staff-only process means drilling them out.
Should that room have a continuous video stream? :-)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF at sandelman.ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-