[ksk-rollover] new KSK in the DNS

James Mitchell james.mitchell at iana.org
Fri Feb 9 06:32:34 UTC 2024

We will be moving to the Thales Luna USB G7 HSMs. Information regarding its selection and the impact on policies and procedures will be published in the coming weeks. I'll share the announcement on this list once published.

Thales as a reputable and established vendor whose products we expect to see supported long term. I anticipate the procedures coming out of this change will form a baseline response should we need to change HSM vendors again.

Thanks,
James

On 2/8/24, 3:13 PM, "ksk-rollover on behalf of Michael Richardson via ksk-rollover" <ksk-rollover-bounces at icann.org <mailto:ksk-rollover-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of ksk-rollover at icann.org <mailto:ksk-rollover at icann.org>> wrote:

Michael StJohns via ksk-rollover <ksk-rollover at icann.org <mailto:ksk-rollover at icann.org>> wrote:
> Just for curiosity, what's the new HSM platform?

same question, and... how do we/you know it won't happen again?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF at sandelman.ca <mailto:mcr+IETF at sandelman.ca>> . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )