[Latingp] LGP first telephone call

Dillon, Chris c.dillon at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 4 15:08:15 UTC 2015

Dear LGP colleagues,

Welcome to the Latin Generation Panel!

I am hoping it will be possible to run our first telephone call next week, or early the following week.

The draft agenda is as follows:
1.         Attendance
2.         Welcome
3.         Background to the LGP
4.         Comment on Armenian GP's proposal
5.         (if time) Work plan for LGP
6.         Dates of next meetings
7.         AOB

Let me know if you would like any agenda items added.

I shall table documents on 4. and 5. nearer the time. The reason for 4. is that the Armenian GP has a discussion of homoglyph relations between Armenian and Latin scripts in their proposal for the Root Zone LGR for the Armenian script: www.icann.org/public-comments/proposal-armenian-lgr-2015-07-22-en .  This affects the LGP and we shall be expected to make a public comment.

ICANN staff will be in contact soon with a Doodle poll to decide the time of the meeting.

Regards,

Chris.
Co-Chair LGP
--
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Centre for Digital Humanities, UCL, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599) www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon>