[Latingp] Public comment for your comments

Dillon, Chris c.dillon at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 24 11:00:40 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

The deadline for comments on the Armenian proposal (30 Sept.) is closer than one would think because of the weekend.

I am intending to submit a simple public comment, not necessarily representative of the LGP.  Please see it below. I have not given a list of visually similar characters, although the following letters not in the proposal may also be an issue:

Lower case

1. ա (AYB) "w'' in Latin

Upper case

1. Ձ (JA) to number 2

2. Տ (TYOWN) to S

This is because I think the key thing is the homoglyph issue, rather than visual similarity.

I have also not used the word "separable" as there could be a debate about whether one homoglyph means unseparable scripts.

I would be grateful for your help in improving it.

Regards,

Chris.

==

Dear colleagues,

I would like to congratulate the Armenian Panel on its work in the production of the Armenian proposal.

Apart from various cases where Armenian letters are visually similar to Latin letters, I believe there is one homoglyph:

օ U+0585 Armenian small letter OH and o U+006F Latin small letter O

Regards,

Chris Dillon.

Latin Generation Panel
--
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Centre for Digital Humanities, UCL, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599) www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon>