[Latingp] Agenda for Latin GP meeting on July 28th, 2016

Mirjana Tasić Mirjana.Tasic at rnids.rs
Wed Jul 27 09:26:53 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues

Here is the proposed agenda for tomorrow meeting

1.       Roll call
2.       Review of current status

2a.       Status of proposal

2b.      Status of GP membership and identification of gaps in membership

3.        Discussion on next steps

3a.       Identification of tasks (updating the proposal document; increasing membership, others?)

3b.      Strategies to address these tasks, working space (Googledocs, ICANN wiki space,something else)

3c.       Assignment of tasks to different members

4.        AOB

To help us to better understand the issues stated in 2b,i.e lack of expertise in our group I made few tables. The process of making tables was as follows:

1. from Language table I have selected all languages with EGIDS = 1-4.
It makes 180 Languages with 2.202.765.258 people.

2.I made some statistical reporting based on EGIDS number: Attachment

name: 03-LatinLanguages-EGIDS-1-4-Population-sum

3. I sorted our 1-4 EGIDS languages by classification and I got the following report: 05-LatinLanguages-EGIDS-1-4-Classification-statistics

4. There is also a set of tables with languages in the same top level Classification name. I will send them in a different mail.

The table in 05-LatinLanguages-EGIDS-1-4-Classification-statistics could be used to identify members of our panel who could cover different set of languages. Proposed table :

06-LatinLanguages-EGIDS-1-4-Classification-GPmembers

Please browse all this tables, there will be very good to get some new ideas and proposals how to proceed.

Regards,
Mirjana