[Latingp] Work on comments from IP

Michael Bauland Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
Fri Apr 7 13:59:58 UTC 2017

Hi Mirjana, hi all,

thank you very much for the work you already did.

> GP needs volunteer to check   our Latin part of MSR-2 with attestation
> table it seems that some code points are missing. I would ask everyone
> to think about it.

I started to compare our list of characters as specified in our proposal
with the list of characters defined in MSR-2 (see
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/msr-2-wle-rules-13apr15-en.xml).

Our table contains a lot of characters not from MSR-2.
For example, we write that
U+0080 - U+00FF
would be included. However, only
U+00DF - U+00F6
U+00F8 - U+00FF
is included.

Similarly with the next section, we say Latin Extended-A
U+0100 – U+017F
would be included, whereas in MSR-2 only
U+0101
U+0103
... (every second character)
U+0137
U+013A
U+013C
U+013E
U+0142
U+0144
U+0146
U+0148
U+014B
U+014D
U+014F
U+0151
U+0153
... (every second character)
U+0177
U+017A
U+017C
U+017E
is included.

The good thing is that our list of characters
LatinPart-MSR2-Attestation.V6
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fFe-uo5Gbh6nxf3c8LIoP_UvOpGN9lH-8RoPXAdeq8c)
contains exactly the list of characters from MSR-2 ... plus the ones we
added in our first run of language processing.

So I guess we only have to adjust the table in our proposal document.

Best regards,

Michael

     |       |
     | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                    Technologiepark
                                 Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                 44227 Dortmund
                                 Germany

     Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                 Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
     Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
     Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                 Register Court: