[Latingp] Repertoire Group - Agenda for the call on 5th of December 2017 at 17:00 UTC

Mirjana Tasić Mirjana.Tasic at rnids.rs
Mon Dec 4 22:05:13 UTC 2017

Dear Repertoire Group members,

I am repeating some facts about our work up to now:

We have processed 180 languages with EGIDS = 1-4 using Latin script
We have processed 30 languages with EGIDS = 5 using Latin script
We have found two letters which should be added to MSR3
During processing of the table with Languages  selected for Second Review because of problems found during first round processing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dreYdxqAYKdLe0nNPhgqYXDLR14dzJbSSTFES7RIeEk/edit?usp=sharing
I found one more letter which is not in MSR2.  The problem with Chechen language is that this letter is from 1992 version of Chechen Latin script, but today they are using Cyrillic script. We should discuss shall we submit this letter also as a candidate for MSR3

LATIN SMALL LETTER N WITH DESCENDER

Chechen(2) 1992 Version, not in 1925 version

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chechen_language

MT

Now only Cyrillic script in use

Regards Mirjana

Repertoire Group - Agenda for the call on 5th of December 2017

  1.  Roll call
  2.  Preparation of the letter to Integration Panel with two (2) or three (3) letters -candidates for MSR 3. Table with analysis of code points not found in MSR2 and two selected code points for MSR3 proposal marked pink could be found in:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_cH89ARiuTbBG3J2pRex9Xe-f5-8O3oy2sUn5vcwjZA/edit#gid=1241351661

  1.  Resolution of three problems not discussed yet, marked yellow, in the table with problems for the second review

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dreYdxqAYKdLe0nNPhgqYXDLR14dzJbSSTFES7RIeEk/edit#gid=1133510594

  1.  Production of Repertoire table
  2.  Production of table with processed languages for final report (which columns ,??)
  3.  Production of different statistics based on the table with processed languages which can be used in the final report, for example
     *   Classification 1st level – how many Indo-European, Australasian, Niger Congo and so on
     *   Continents of the languages processed
     *   Countries of the languages processed
     *   Number of speakers per continent (including or excluding English speakers)
     *   Any other idea?
  4.  Next meetings:
     *   December 12th, Generation Panel meeting at 16:00 UTC new time according to the doodle poll
     *   December 19th Draft Working Group meeting at 16:00 UTC
     *   January 9th, ,2017
     *   January 16th, 2017
     *   January 23rd, 2017
     *   January 28th, travel to Brussel