[Latingp] AGENDA for the Generation Panel call on 12th, December 2017

Mirjana Tasić Mirjana.Tasic at rnids.rs
Tue Dec 12 11:05:16 UTC 2017

Dear GP members,

Here is the review of our work up to now:

We have processed 180 languages with EGIDS = 1-4 using Latin script
We have processed 30 languages with EGIDS = 5 using Latin script
We have found two letters which should be added to MSR3. These letters are

Unicode

Glyph

Unicode name

Languages using the code point

Reference supporting inclusion

0268

LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH STROKE

Cubeo (3)
Dagbani  (4)
HIxkaryána (4)

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/cubeo.htm
http://www.omniglot.com/charts/dagbani.pdf
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/hixkaryana.htm

0272

LATIN SMALL LETTER N WITH LEFT HOOK

Susu (4)
Zarma (4)

https://www.omniglot.com/writing/susu.htm
https://www.omniglot.com/writing/zarma.htm

Variants with Cyrillic script are defined.
There are differences between variants we found and those found by Cyrillic Panel
During public comment period for Cyrillic LGR proposal we have sent our comment pointing to Cyrillic Panel the differences in variants between our list and those found by Cyrillic Panel.

AGENDA for the call on 12th, December 2017

  1.  Repertoire Group: Short report on status and what shall be further steps:
     *   Report on new letters which should be added to MSR3. Report should be submitted to Integration Panel until 15th of December
     *   Making the clean copy of our Repertoire in order to proceed with further editing of the Repertoire (assignment of references to code points)
     *   What to do with sequences in Repertoire, should they be submitted to IP too?
     *   Problem of clicking sounds in Khoekhoe language. Response from expert for African Languages received.
  2.  Variant Group: To continue the work on Variants with Armenian, Greek, any other script after Christmas and New Year Holidays
  3.  Final report Drafting WG: Structure is defined, Bill has added some text in it. Some reports could be derived form our working tables:
     *   Classification 1st level – how many Indo-European, Austronesian, Niger Congo and so on
     *   Continents of the languages processed
     *   Countries of the languages processed
     *   Number of speakers per continent (including or excluding English speakers)
     *   Any other idea?
     *
  4.  Next meetings proposals:
     *   Drafting Working Group telephone conference, January 9th, ,2017 16:00 UTC
     *   Generation Panel Telephone conference, January 16th, 2017 16:00 UTC
     *   January 23rd, 2017
     *   January 28th, Travel to Brussel