[Latingp] Latin-Armenian cross-script variant analysis

Tan Tanaka, Dennis dtantanaka at verisign.com
Mon Dec 18 15:48:48 UTC 2017

Dear Igor,

As a follow-up to my previous email. One of the Latin panel members noted that he sees a different type face using the same compart.com URL. He was using a Win10 computer, whereas I was using a Mac. In his case, U+0570 did look like a Latin Small H, and the type face in-use was DejaVu Serif (http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/samples/DejaVuSerif.pdf, see page 11). I believe this is in-line with what the Armenian panel was dealing with.

In light of this information, let me tweak my earlier question:

  *   What type face(s) (i.e. fonts) is/are in current and regular use by internet applications for the Armenian script?

Thank you,
Dennis