[Latingp] taxi from the airport

Aysegul Tekce aysegul.tekce at icann.org
Tue Jun 13 14:04:30 UTC 2017

Dear all,

In addition to the information Sarmad gave about taxis in Istanbul:

- Please make sure the taximeter is on when you get on the taxi from the airport and also whenever you take a taxi within the city. (The opening price you would see on the screen should be 3,45 TL)
- Please also note that there is a short-distance fee within Istanbul which is 8,70 TL. If you travel a short distance and your travel costs less than 8,70 TL, you should still pay 8,70 TL. This would be applicable to those staying at Renaissance hotel and commuting to ICANN office, although the fee you will see on the screen will be 6 or 7 TL, you should still pay 8,70 TL.

Thanks,

Aysegul Tekce
Registry Services & Engagement Manager
ICANN – Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
Istanbul, Turkey
T: +90 212 999 6227