[Latingp] Help needed in engagement text for new GP members

Mirjana Tasić Mirjana.Tasic at rnids.rs
Wed Mar 15 20:51:26 UTC 2017

Dear GP members,

Please read the following few phrases, and help me to make them better. The purpose of the text is to explain to ordinary people, who I am trying to engage, why we need them in our panel.
I met some people from Africa and Pacific islands during ICANN meeting, and I promised to give them some explanation what we are doing, and why we need people who speak indigenous languages.
This explanation will help them to understand our work and to try to find some people who are willing to take part in our work.

Regards Mirjana.

Q. What is Latin Generation Panel?

A. Latin Generation Panel (Latin GP)  is working group within ICANN IDN Project. Its main goal is to define all Latin script characters with diacritics which are eligible for use in creation Top Level Domains.
Top Level Domain is the rightest part of the domain name. For example, in the domain name “something.com” the label “com” is Top Level Domain i.e. TLD.

Q. Why we need engagement of people who speak native languages using Latin script?

A.  Latin GP needs people who speak native languages and write these languages using Latin script from all over the world.  Especially Latin GP needs people from Asia Pacific region, Africa and both Americas.
Native speakers are needed in several phases of the project. No special expertize is needed to become a member of Latin GP, although it will be good in someone has linguistic expertise in indigenous languages from the specified parts of the world.