[Latingp] Latin GP proposal submission to IP

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Sat Mar 25 14:57:41 UTC 2017

Dear Mirjana and Latin GP members,

Thank you for sharing the proposal.  Please find attached feedback from the Integration Panel on the proposal.  In summary, IP suggests:

·        early settlement of characters affected by Cyrillic/Greek/Armenian variant set (section 2)

·       need for expanded membership (section 5)

·       condensing the work plan (section 6).
The IP is recommending that the GP be seated after the plan is updated to work on variants earlier and suggest starting the work with languages which are more commonly used.  The list representing the Panel should also be updated to reflect the new members.  We will keep working with the GP to add more members from the areas which are under-represented in the GP, to address the need for expanded membership.

Once the revised proposal is submitted, addressing the feedback, we will proceed towards announcing the formation of the Latin GP.

Regards,
Sarmad