[Latingp] Further steps

Mirjana Tasić Mirjana.Tasic at rnids.rs
Tue Nov 28 14:38:16 UTC 2017

Dear GP members

Here is the review of our work up to now:

We have processed 180 languages with EGIDS = 1-4 using Latin script
We have processed 30 languages with EGIDS = 5 using Latin script
Variants with Cyrillic script are defined.
We have found two letters which should be added to MSR3
There are differences between variants we found and those found by Cyrillic Panel

I have checked again table with some unresolved issues found during processing languages with EGIDS = 1-4. There are three rows which should be inspected by some other member of the Repertoire Group. Link to this table is

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dreYdxqAYKdLe0nNPhgqYXDLR14dzJbSSTFES7RIeEk/edit?usp=sharing
During processing of this table I found one more letter which is not in MSR2.  The problem with Chechen language is that this letter is from 1992 version of Chechen Latin script, but today they are using Cyrillic script. We should discuss how to resolve this issue.

LATIN SMALL LETTER N WITH DESCENDER

Chechen(2) 1992 Version, not in 1925 version

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chechen_language

MT

Now only Cyrillic script in use

I do not expect any new letters to be found for proposal for MSR3.

The processing of languages with EGIDS = 5  is finished, all the issues resolved by Mats.

Next steps:

  1.  Repertoire Group: Report on new letters which should be added to MSR3. Report should be submitted to Integration Panel ASAP
  2.  Variant Group: Report on Variants with Cyrillic script to be submitted to Public comment on Cyrillic script LGR . Public comment will be closed on December 6th, 2017.
  3.  Final report Drafting WG: Definition of structure for final report
  4.  Next meetings proposals:
·         First meeting of Final Report Drafting WG on 30th of November 2017, 16:00UTC as shown by Doodle poll. We can pick some other day for next meetings: Tuesday or Wednesday
·         Repertoire Group meeting 5th of December 2017 17:00 UTC
·         Generation Panel meeting 12th of December 16:00 UTC as shown by doodle poll.

Please,  feel free to comment everything I wrote.

Regards Mirjana