[Latingp] FW: IP response on Latin Repertoire 20180525

Michael Bauland Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
Mon Aug 20 07:25:22 UTC 2018

Dear Meikal,

On 17.08.2018 17:19, Meikal Mumin wrote:
> Dear Mirjana,
>
> dear colleagues,
>
> I reviewed the evidence on the use of Bavarian. I had not look at which
> characters are used within those publications. 0115 does not occur in
> those sources and from what I read on the Bavarian wikipedia no standard
> has emerged and there is a tendency to use the German orthographic
> repertoire. So my analysis is that Bavarian is used - also on the
> internet - but that any additional signs are only used for special
> purposes, such as scientific transliteration. I also was unable to find
> any substantial evidence for other language's use, so I would suggest
> removing 0115.

I agree with you. I also talked with some people with active knowledge
about the Bavarian language and they confirmed that the spelling is not
really standardised and mostly the standard German letters are used for
spelling. So, yes, we should remove 0115.

Best regards,

Michael

     |       |
     | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                    Technologiepark
                                 Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                 44227 Dortmund
                                 Germany

     Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                 Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
     Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
     Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                 Register Court: