[Latingp] Draft in-script variants

Michael Bauland Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
Thu Aug 23 09:52:02 UTC 2018

Hi Bill,

On 23.08.2018 05:43, Bill Jouris wrote:
> I've taken the liberty of adding a couple dozen additional candidates.
> (I held off the Rating 2 cases.  These are the slam dunks.)

I have a few comments regarding your suggestions.
Firstly, if we add these cases we also need to add all cases introduced
by transitivity, e.g., 0065 and 0119 and 1EB9, or 00E8 and 00E9 and 0117
and 1EB9+0300 and 1EB9+0301 should then all be variants of each other,
respectively.

Secondly, we don't have a rationale to add them, do we? We could just
say, we think that they look similar enough to allow for confusion. And
I'm not sure this is enough for the IP ... though, we could try of course.

Best regards,

Michael

     |       |
     | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                    Technologiepark
                                 Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                 44227 Dortmund
                                 Germany

     Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                 Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
     Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
     Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                 Register Court: