[Latingp] ODG: Variants -- Case for Considering Upper Case

Michael Bauland Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
Mon Jul 9 13:02:08 UTC 2018

Dear Mirjana,

On 09.07.2018 14:22, Mirjana Tasić wrote:

> Dear Bill,
>

> I am a little bit confused with this discussion. I cannot remember that
> I have ever seen the domain name written in uppercase. May be it is the
> result of not paying attention to such cases.   Could you please give me
> some examples of  ASCII domains written and registered  in uppercase?

you do not *register* domains in upper or lower case. The domain name is
always case insensitive. You can simply try this out yourself.
If you go to
http://icann.org
or
http://Icann.oRg

It's all the same. Therefore you don't know, if some company simply
always publishes its internet address in capital letters. Or mixed if
they want to be very cool/hip/modern, whatever. ;-)

Therefore domain names can look the same, although they are different.

Cheers,

Michael

     |       |
     | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                    Technologiepark
                                 Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                 44227 Dortmund
                                 Germany

     Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                 Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
     Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
     Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                 Register Court: