[Latingp] Repertoire and Latin Extended A

Bill Jouris bill.jouris at insidethestack.com
Sun Jul 22 19:49:01 UTC 2018

Hi Mirjana,

I've reviewed the repertoire we have (after adding Esperanto) and compared it to the Unicode table's Basic Latin, Latin-1 Supplement, and Latin Extended-A codepoints.

The following entries from Latin-1 Supplement are included in MSR-2, but not included in our repertoire:00FF    ÿ     Latin Small Letter Y with Diaeresis

The following entries from Latin Extended-A are included in MSR-3 but not included in our repertoire:
014F     ŏ   Latin Small Letter O with Breve0157     ŗ    Latin Small Letter R with Cedilla

FYI
ÿ is listed in the ICANN LGRs for German and for English (much to my amazement, as I have never encountered it previously), but does not appear in Omniglot, nor in the Wikipedia alphabet referenced in the LGR, for either language.ŏ is listed in the ICANN LGRs for German and for Spanish, but does not appear in Omniglot, nor in the Wikipedia alphabet referenced in the LGR, for either language.
ŗ is listed in the ICANN LGR for Latvian, but does not appear in Omniglot, nor in the Wikipedia alphabet referenced in the LGR.

LGR for language deu-Latn — German

|   |
LGR for language deu-Latn — German
   |  |