[Latingp] IP response on Latin Repertoire 20180525

Meikal Mumin meikal.mumin at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jun 28 12:11:19 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,

I agree with Michael's suggestion to remove EGIDS5 evidence, where there is
other evidence. Where it is the only source for a code point we should
provide specific evidence and sources for contemporary usage.

I also added numerous comments to the two documents - I would have done it
on an online version preferably, but to avoid version conflicts I added
comments to the word files. Several comments of mine contain suggested
action items. On the whole, IP's review leaves me with the impression, that
we have to work again on the repertoire. Particularly the additional
evidence required for African languages will require quite a bit of work,
and it is unclear to me why - as a general rule - IP seems to have higher
demands towards the supporting evidence for African languages versus other
languages.

Best,

Meikal