[Latingp] Within-script variant discovery

Tan Tanaka, Dennis dtantanaka at verisign.com
Thu Mar 22 16:15:40 UTC 2018

Re-sending. Thanks.

From: Latingp <latingp-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of "Tan Tanaka, Dennis via Latingp" <latingp at icann.org>
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 9:13 PM
To: "latingp at icann.org" <latingp at icann.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Latingp] Within-script variant discovery

Dear generation panel,

I have created a new document explaining the process to capture variant candidates within the Latin script. Please review the link below (i.e., Methodology). The methodology was discussed in Brussels.

We can review the document and process in our next call. However, I encourage panel members to start recording variant candidates that you already know of based on your language expertise. Do review our inclusion principles to determine whether a proposed candidate is a strong candidate for inclusion. The principles can be found in the link below: Main Document.

-Dennis

Methodology

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mdqnrNO-MWAs7XZpvCxkPus2yPUZbx5obLdlO6Pqo4g

Main document