[Latingp] ACTION NEEDED-PLEASE READ AND COMMENT: Response to IP letter on : Diacritics below a security risk?

Bill Jouris bill.jouris at insidethestack.com
Tue Sep 4 15:57:51 UTC 2018

Hi Michael,

1E37 does not appear to be in our repertoire.  Perhaps we could use 0137 instead?  It's a dot below, rather than a line below, but the same disappearing phenomena would seem to apply.
If we are going to make the PS more prominent, I would like to see us at least reference the Least Astonishment Principle.  For me, that is where the confusion seems to lie: are we just ignoring it?  Or, if not, how much weight are we supposed to give it?
Thanks Bill Jouris
Inside Products
bill.jouris at insidethestack.com
831-659-8360