[Latingp] ACTION NEEDED-PLEASE READ AND COMMENT: Response to IP letter on : Diacritics below a security risk?

Michael Bauland Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
Thu Sep 6 10:59:49 UTC 2018

Hi Bill,

On 04.09.2018 17:57, Bill Jouris wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> 1E37 does not appear to be in our repertoire.  Perhaps we could use 0137
> instead?  It's a dot below, rather than a line below, but the same
> disappearing phenomena would seem to apply.

yes, thank you for mentioning this. I just took the letter from the IP
without checking our repertoire. Sorry for that.

On my screen, 0137 is not really a dot below, but more like a comma
below. I would prefer using 1E37 (LATIN SMALL LETTER L WITH DOT BELOW)
which is in our repertoire and very close to the letter mentioned by the IP.

So what about having the following examples?

1E37 ḷ l 006C
010B ċ c 0063

Then we have the first example that should be variants according to the
IP rationale and the second one, which most likely should not be a
variant relation.

Best regards,

Michael

     |       |
     | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                    Technologiepark
                                 Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                 44227 Dortmund
                                 Germany

     Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                 Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
     Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
     Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                 Register Court: