[Latingp] Diacritics Below

Bill Jouris bill.jouris at insidethestack.com
Thu May 2 15:33:07 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,
I would like to show why I think the various diacritics below (not just dot and macron) ought to be accounted variants as well.  And I thought I'd do it as an email, because that's likely to be the way (along with links on web pages) that most people will get links.
By way of example, consider one of the original TLDs: .mil

www.teștexampļe1.milwww.testexampḽe2.mil www.testexample3.miḽwww.tesțexample4.miļ

Can you honestly say that you can tell which cases of .mil have diacritcs under the L?  And if you think you can, did you notice which cases of "testexample" had them?  And which diacritic?  Because I sure can't.
Bill Jouris
Inside Products
bill.jouris at insidethestack.com
831-659-8360