[Latingp] Latin GP Proposal Updates

Bill Jouris bill.jouris at insidethestack.com
Wed Nov 27 00:28:22 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,
Attached is my update to the Proposal.  In it I have:
   - Accepted the IP's proposed rephrasings, where they seemed non-controversial.  (I think this makes it easier to find the places where they have substantive criticisms.)
   - Added French to the listing of languages using à
   - Added the table of Generic Glyph Variants
   - Changed Reference [0] to [99], per the IP's request that we not use [0]
   - Moved the extended description of Latin Small Letter A and Latin Small Letter Alpha to Appendix D, per the IP's recommendation
   - Regularized our use of Unicode Names.  We had, in various places, used "Latin Small Letter", "Small Letter", and "Letter".  They are now all the same.
   - In several tables, the word processing software had "helpfully" changed the lower case glyph to upper case -- apparently because it thought it was starting a new sentence.  These have all (I think) been restored to lower case.
   - Added suggestions for how to address a couple of the TBD notes from the IP
   - Added a few edits of my own.  (I expect to have more.  These are just things that I noticed while doing other things.)
I hope this moves us forward a bit.  Bill Jouris
Inside Products
bill.jouris at insidethestack.com
831-659-8360
925-855-9512 (direct)