[Latingp] Sharp S and Allocatable vs Blocked

Michael Bauland Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
Mon Sep 9 06:59:08 UTC 2019

Hi Dennis,

On 06.09.2019 20:44, Tan Tanaka, Dennis wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Not sure which part are you disagreeing with: 1) main driver for analysis is technical; or 2) linguistic argument not relevant; or both?

sorry the misunderstanding. I should have better expressed what I
referred to. I meant the statement that 'the target market of sharp S
(Germany) has been conditioned (by their country code registry operator)
that domain names using sharp s and “ss” are different.'
That is not the case.

> Anyway, the key message I was trying to make is that the analysis on sharp S is on technical grounds. That the technical issue originated because of linguistics conventions getting into protocol, sure. But absent of the technical issues we would not be exploring this case, would we?

I think we nevertheless would have explored this case, but the
discussion would maybe have been much shorter and wouldn't have taken
months.

Cheers,

Michael

     |       |
     | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                    Technologiepark
                                 Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                 44227 Dortmund
                                 Germany

     Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                 Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
     Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
     Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                 Register Court: