[Latingp] Re IP Partial Response on Visual Variants

Tan Tanaka, Dennis dtantanaka at verisign.com
Wed Jan 8 14:01:28 UTC 2020

All, I added an additional perspective and examples to help the discussion. Enclosed.

Thanks,
Dennis

From: Latingp <latingp-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Bill Jouris <bill.jouris at insidethestack.com>
Date: Monday, January 6, 2020 at 3:21 PM
To: Latin GP <latingp at icann.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Latingp] Re IP Partial Response on Visual Variants

Dear Colleagues,

Attached is my draft of possible responses to the IP comments on visual variants.  I have used the same [response] approach used for comments in the Proposal.

Briefly, I think that we should continue to use the same font size that we have been using all along.  There is no question that differences, between glyphs or between diacritics, can be seen at sufficient magnification.  See the differences between breve and caron.  But we know users are not going to stop and zoom in on links.  And I think we need to push back on several of these comments on that basis.

Bill Jouris
Inside Products
bill.jouris at insidethestack.com
831-659-8360