[Latingp] FOR IP: Latin GP Report draft version on January 8th, 2020

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana pitinan.koo at icann.org
Mon Jan 13 03:47:51 UTC 2020

Dear All,

In accompany with the Word Document proposal, I have updated the XML accordingly. Please find attached the XML which will also be sent to the IP to assist the reviewing process.

Kindly review and let us know any feedback.

There are issues I found while updating the XML. I listed the issues below, as well as in the attached file.

If the time allow, I’d like to request to add reviewing this note on the next Latin GP meeting agenda.

Regards,

Pitinan

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Note from updating the XML based on the Latin GP proposal version 6.3, date: 2020-01-08

Section 6.5.1 Breve and Caron. 0115 is mapped to 011B. However, 0115 is not in the repertoire.
Latin Small Letter E with Breve0115ĕ↔ě011BLatin Small Letter E with CaronBlocked

Current version of XML has note included this mapping.

Kindly confirm which option to proceed:
Add 0115 into the repertoire. This case must include languages and reference.
Remove this 0115 <-> 011B mapping

Section 6.5.5 Dot Above and Hook Above. The code point for Latin Small Letter I should be changed to 0069
Latin Small Letter I01170069i↔ỉ1EC9Latin Small Letter I with Hook AboveBlocked

                This is already fixed in the XML

The following pair appear in two places. 6.5.7 Acute and Grave, and 6.5.9 Misc. I would suggest removing this from generic Misc. section.
Latin Small Letter O with Circumflex and Acute1ED1ố↔ồ1ED3Latin Small Letter O with Circumflex and GraveBlocked

                Not affect XML.

Section 6.6.1 Underlining. The following two line are redundant. The second line should be removed. It contains wrong code point and empty glyph of Latin Small Letter E with Ogonek.
0065eLatin Small Letter E0119êLatin Small Letter E with OgonekYESBlockedGlyphs nearly identical due to underlining
0065eLatin Small Letter E0019 Latin Small Letter E with OgonekYESBlockedGlyphs nearly identical due to underlining

                Current version of XML mapped only the first pair