[Metrics.SC] Review of requirements and obligations

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Tue Jun 26 09:42:37 UTC 2012

Speaking only personally, I prefer Alan's wording.  There have been too many liaisons that are only out for their own personal agendas.  I think strong wording is needed here.

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
N-CAP/Department of Education
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
From: metrics.sc-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [metrics.sc-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] on behalf of Lance Hinds [brainstreetceo at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 5:40 PM
To: Alan Greenberg
Cc: Metrics SC
Subject: Re: [Metrics.SC] Review of requirements and obligations

Hi Alan, all

Rule 7.7
"shall accept, while acting in their capacity as an ALAC officer, to put the collective views of the Committee always in front of their own".

The tone of this is also a bit severe no? Perhaps something little gentler like:

"That in keeping with the responsibilites of an ALAC officer, ensure that the policies of committee are a priority in terms of their functions.

Also not comfortable with the word "diligence" either. Should be able to fashion the language around "commitment as a advocate of the individual internet user" :-)

Just my two cents

Lance