[ME ICANN] [ME Space] Passing away of Tarek Kamel

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Thu Oct 10 21:25:02 UTC 2019

Dear all,

We are all very sad that our friend, mentor, supporter, …… left us today. Tarek was special for all and for our region in particular.
Nadira and myself, we propose that we organize in Montreal a special event for the memory of Tarek.
I proposed the same to the African Space and there is a huge support for the idea. I proposed a joint event ME Space - AFRALO-AfrICANN, and here also there is strong support from the African side.
Of course, it will not be a very long event, and its content should be discussed and agreed on by all of us.
There are several proposals on the table: talks for his memory with large poster, candles, Tarek Kamel Award, etc. But I’m sure we can find better ideas.

What do you