[ME ICANN] [MEAC SWG] 2 days to finalize the comments on the ME statement

Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi Hadia at tra.gov.eg
Sun Oct 13 07:40:57 UTC 2019

Dear Ahlam,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute to the statement. The name of the strategy working group "MEAC SWG" was decided by the community when the group was formed to work on the strategy. As for the ME region according to an email sent by Fahd in relation to this matter the ICANN, definition of “Middle East” as per the engagement within the Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) Team includes the 22 Arab States, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Fahd said " The mentioned 26 countries were included as part of the “Middle East” we cover due to geographical, linguistic, and cultural reasons." Baher also sent an email confirming the above and explaining why the SWG is called "MEAC" .

To conclude the ME region as defined and understood by the ICANN community includes all 26 countries and therefore the name is inclusive. When we refer to the strategy working group we need to use its name, which as explained was determined by the working group. This issue in relation to the statement was raised in earlier emails and therefore were the above correspondence. I hope I was able to explain the reason we call it the ME space and we refer to the SWG as the "MEAC" working group.

Kind regards
Hadia

Eng. Hadia Elminiawi (M.Sc.)
Director, DNS-Entrepreneurship Center
[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/268513_180152888707645_7698168_n.jpg][logo]

National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority
Tel:      +202 3534  4392