[ME ICANN] FW: Multilateral Diplomacy in times of COVID-19 - WebDebate

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Sun Apr 5 07:03:20 UTC 2020

The below WeDebate organized by the Geneva Internet Platform may be of interest. It takes place on Tuesday 7 April at 11.00 AM UTC. If interested, please read on and register.

Fahd

Date: Monday, March 30, 2020 at 7:03 PM
Subject: Multilateral diplomacy in times of COVID-19 - WebDebate

Is this email not displaying correctly?   View this email in your browser
[

Multilateral diplomacy in times of COVID-19

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to join us on Tuesday, 7th April, at 11:00 UTC (13:00 CEST) for our next WebDebate: Multilateral diplomacy in times of COVID-19.

In the WebDebate we will:
unpack the role of the UN system and the WHO in particular
branch out to consider the role of multilateral diplomacy more broadly. Is multilateralism failing us, and if so why?
look ahead – will we see elements of a new UN or a new multilateral system emerge after the crisis?

Our Speakers

Amb. Umej Bhatia is Singapore’s permanent representative to the UN Office in Geneva. He joined the foreign service in 1996 and has served in various capacities on issues covering Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and the UN in the ministry's headquarters.

Fabrizio Hochschild-Drummond is special adviser to the UN Secretary-General on the Preparations for the Commemoration of the United Nations’ 75th Anniversary. He has been serving as assistant secretary-general for Strategic Coordination in the Executive Office of the Secretary-General since 2017.

Dr Owain Williams is a senior research fellow at the University of Leeds (POLIS). He is a former fellow at the University of Queensland School of Public Health and the Centre for Health and International Relations, the Department of International Politics at Aberystwyth University, UK.

About our WebDebates

The WebDebates on the future of diplomacy are live streamed on the first Tuesday of every month. They are organised by Diplo within the framework of the International Forum on Diplomatic Training (IFDT).

Diplo's WebDebates Team