[ME ICANN] FW: [WebDebate] Diplomacy at the UN: Is multilateralism dead?

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Sun Feb 2 08:46:53 UTC 2020

This wedebate by the Geneva Internet Platform (GIP) on Multilaterism might be of interest to some.

If interested, please read on and act accordingly.

Thank you,

Fahd

Date: Monday, January 27, 2020 at 4:12 PM
Subject: [Ext] [WebDebate] Diplomacy at the UN: Is multilateralism dead?

Is this email not displaying correctly?   View this email in your browser
[diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com]

[WebDebate] Diplomacy at the UN: Is multilateralism dead?

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to join us on Tuesday, 4th February, at 12:00 UTC (13:00 CET) for our next WebDebate, when we will focus on the importance of the UN for multilateral diplomacy.

Concerns about the future of multilateral institutions, especially the UN, are as old as the organisations themselves. In this WebDebate, we aim to discuss the importance of the UN for multilateral diplomacy, the various approaches that different countries take towards the world organisation, recent shifts in multilateral diplomacy at the UN, and possible responses. Our experts, representing both academia and diplomatic practice, will offer their reflections and hopes for the future of the world organisation and multilateral diplomacy.

  Register for the event

Our Speakers

Amb. Amr Aljowaily - Egypt’s ambassador to Serbia (in his personal capacity)

Prof. Manuel Fröhlich - Chair for International Relations and Foreign Policy at the University of Trier, Germany

Dr Yolanda Kemp Spies - Associate professor in International Studies at Zayed University, Abu Dhabi

About our WebDebates

The WebDebates on the future of diplomacy are live streamed on the first Tuesday of every month. They are organised by Diplo within the framework of the International Forum on Diplomatic Training (IFDT).

Diplo's WebDebates Team