[Neobrahmigp] [lgr] Possible IP participation at the TF-AIDN meeting in Istanbul

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 27 21:48:57 UTC 2014

On 5/27/2014 10:22 AM, Sarmad Hussain wrote:

> Dear Asmus,
>
> Thank you for getting back.  We would request for IP member who could
> share the technical view point on how the root zone motivated
> conservatism and other principles will apply on variant sets (from
> IP’s perspective), and give early feedback by identifying the
> challenging cases from among the variant sets identified by the Arabic
> GP.

Dear Sarmad,

thanks for getting back and the helpful clarification. The Integration
Panel is interested in having such discussions. At this point, it early
for the Integration Panel so it would be premature to expect a
solidified "IP perspective" on variant issues, because the Integration
Panel has mainly focused on repertoire (MSR-1) up to this point. From
that aspect, the timing isn't overly fortuitous, but at the same time,
the discussion has to start somewhere.

On another note, we are interested in structuring the interaction with
the various Generations panels in a way that allows our advisors to
participate, mainly with the intent of enabling them to hear the
Generation Panel positions without filtering, and allowing them to use
questions etc. to gain a more solid understanding of the nuances of the
issues under discussion. This, we feel, would improve their
effectiveness as advisors to the Integration Panel.

As for the logistics of the upcoming meeting, I would like to take that
part of the discussion offline. Staff or I will contact you after we
discuss this some more tomorrow.

A./