[Neobrahmigp] [lgr] Issues raised in the CJK meeting today

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 24 17:09:10 UTC 2014

All,

Following up on issues raised in the CJK meeting in London today.

XML format and RFC 3743.

The XML format should allow to express some policies that are going
beyond the root policies that are assumed in the "Procedure". Therefore,
the format should be able to capture the full RFC 3743.

I would appreciate if someone knowledgeable in RFC 3743 could look over
the latest spec as well as the "Variant Rules" document in the LGR
project wiki to let me know if there are any limitations of the XML format.

Variant Rules
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/43989034/Variant%20Rules.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1396991883000&api=v2

Latest XML spec:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-davies-idntables-07

A separate issue related to the question of possible inconsistencies
between 2nd level and root. The root is a shared resource, which leads
to some constraints not relevant for the second level. Such constraints
might be called "necessary". What I would be interested in is examples
(even hypothetical/imaginary ones) of "unnecessary" or "random"
differences between the levels.

A./