[Neobrahmigp] [lgr] [vip] Email Address Internationalization (EAI) and Gmail

Tan Tanaka, Dennis dtantanaka at verisign.com
Fri Jun 27 17:05:49 UTC 2014

This is indeed good news, however I’d like to confirm what you’ve heard at ICANN London (the link to the transcript below is not working for me). Is it EAI (eg 福祥@邓.中国<mailto:福祥@邓.中国>) what they claim gmail will support or is it just IDN email (ie dennis@邓.中国<mailto:dennis@邓.中国>). I recently watched a presentation in Google I/O where they also talked about IDNs in email but it was not clear whether they will be supporting full EAI.

If anyone could shed some light on this, it’d be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Dennis