[Neobrahmigp] [lgr] Question about coordination principles for C J and K

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 28 04:32:39 UTC 2014

Dear Wang Wei,

the way variants are defined for the integrated root zone LGR matches
the second understanding - they are what you call "tightly coupled" in
your document and it is not possible to have the und-Jpan LGR treat them
as independent while the und-Hani LGR treats them as variants.

2)Opposite to the case 1, the other understanding is that “Variant
mappings” is a tight coupled relationship which applies in all LGRs, and
“Variant Type” must be ”allocatable” or “blocked”, illustrated by the
following example:

*Code Point*

*Allocatable Variant*

*Blocked Variant*

*Tag*

一(U+4E00)

--

壱(U+58F1)

壹(U+58F9)

弌(U+5F0C)

und-hani

壹(U+58F9)

--

一(U+4E00)

壱(U+58F1)

弌(U+5F0C)

und-hani

弌(U+5F0C)

一(U+4E00)

壹(U+58F9)

壱(U+58F1)

und-hani

壱(U+58F1)

壹(U+58F9)

一(U+4E00)

弌(U+5F0C)

und-hani

一(U+4E00)

--

壹(U+58F9)

弌(U+5F0C)

壱(U+58F1)

und-Jpan

壹(U+58F9)

--

一(U+4E00)

弌(U+5F0C)

壱(U+58F1)

und-jpan

弌(U+5F0C)

--

一(U+4E00)

壹(U+58F9)

壱(U+58F1)

und-jpan

壱(U+58F1)

--

一(U+4E00)

壹(U+58F9)

弌(U+5F0C)

und-jpan

In this table, no matter what language tag was set, for any given code
point in a variant mapping cluster, its variants must be configured to
either “allocatable” or “blocked”, its variants cannot stay as an
INDEPENDENT code point, regardless of the fact that in Japanese language
environmentthey are treated as different OLD form and NEW form.

It means that if anybody registers the label .一一 for the first time
under the und-Jpan tag, then nobody can register the label .弌弌under
any tag. If they had first registered the label .弌弌under the und-Hani
tag, then the same applicant can request to register the label.一一as
well (but whether that request is granted, and how, is outside the scope
of the LGR).

Moreover, only the allocatable code points can be used to generate valid
whole label package, and this whole label package will go (be allocated)
to the SAME applicant, which means, the co-existence of old form label
registrant and new form label registrant will not happen at Root level.

*
*

if it is felt desirable to allow somebody to register the old form and
the new form under the "und-Jpan" tag, then the only way to do that is
to declare these as "allocatable" variants under the und-Jpan tag.

Because the root is a shared resource, variants must be tightly coupled.
A./ Procedure to Develop and Maintain the Label Generation Rules for the
Root Zone in Respect of IDNA Labels