[Neobrahmigp] [lgr] [Koreangp] [vip] Email Address Internationalization (EAI) and Gmail

KIM Kyongsok gimgs0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 06:26:35 UTC 2014

Dear everybody:

  When I tried to create an EAI account (containing Hangeul, "김경석"),
I got the following error message:

Please use only letters (a-z), numbers, and periods

By "by the end of this month", does google mean "June 30" or "July 31".

Or is there a special home page for creating an EAI account?

Thanks.

KIM, K

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 7:24 AM, Asmus Freytag <asmusf at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>  On 6/27/2014 10:05 AM, Tan Tanaka, Dennis wrote:
>
>  This is indeed good news, however I’d like to confirm what you’ve heard
> at ICANN London (the link to the transcript below is not working for me).
> Is it EAI (eg 福祥@邓.中国) what they claim gmail will support or is it just
> IDN email (ie dennis@邓.中国). I recently watched a presentation in Google
> I/O where they also talked about IDNs in email but it was not clear whether
> they will be supporting full EAI.
>

> If anyone could shed some light on this, it’d be greatly appreciated.
>

> The transcript is here:
>

> http://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/thu-public-forum/transcript-public-forum-26jun14-en.pdf
>
> and the text says EAI.
>
> A./