[Neobrahmigp] [lgr] IDN TLD Program - Label Generation Ruleset (LGR) Tool Project (P1) - LGR Tool Set Specifications Now Open for Public Comment

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Fri Dec 5 07:56:38 UTC 2014

Dear All,

(Sorry for any duplication due to cross-posting)

Please find below the announcement requesting feedback from the community on the specifications for a tool to create, use and manage an LGR in the machine-readable XML format, which is the format for the submission of LGR proposals by the Generation Panels working on various scripts and writing systems.

Before ICANN undertakes the development of the tool, we want to get feedback from the community on whether these requirements and their prioritization meet the needs of the community.

Kindly do let us know your feedback.  We will finalize the requirements of the LGR Tool based on the feedback received from the community, before we proceed towards its development.

Regards,

Sarmad

IDN TLD Program – Label Generation Ruleset (LGR) Tool Project (P1) – LGR Tool Set Specifications Now Open for Public Comment

Forum Announcement:

Comment Period Opens on

Categories/Tags:

Internationalized Domain Names (IDN), IDN Variant TLD, new gTLD, Label Generation Ruleset (LGR), Generation Panels, IDN ccTLD, Language Tables

Purpose (Brief):

ICANN intends to develop a tool to allow the Generation Panels and the community to develop and use Label Generation Ruleset (LGR) in the new machine-readable XML-based format. ICANN is releasing the set of requirements for the development of this LGR tool for public comment, specifically to get feedback on (i) the completeness of current requirements, (ii) the prioritization done in the different phases for development of the tool, and (iii) any other aspects associated with the LGR tool requirements.

Public Comment Box Link:

 <https://www.icann.org/public-comments/idn-lgr-2014-12-03-en> https://www.icann.org/public-comments/idn-lgr-2014-12-03-en

This message was sent to sarmad.hussain at icann.org from:

ICANN News Alert | communications at icann.org | ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536