[Neobrahmigp] Maithili - Proposed code-point repertoire

Akshat Joshi akshatj at cdac.in
Fri Jul 1 06:34:54 UTC 2016

Dear Udaya sir,

Thank you for your comments.

You have raised a couple of points:

1. Interchangeable use of 0919 i.e. ङ and 0921 i.e. ड / ড and ড় :

Yes, it is something we may need to discuss and debate upon. In the
ICANN context it is termed as a "visually confusing" set of characters.
As per the mandate of this Root LGR procedure, these set of variants are
to be taken care of by a different procedure known as "String Similarity
Assessment". However we can collate all such cases and incorporate them
in the report, which further can be discussed with the IP and/or taken
to the String Similarity Assessment Panel.

2. Regarding the use of ঙ and ঞ / ङ and ञ:

Could you please elaborate more on this sir? Is your point related to
variance or usage in general? Accordingly we can take the discussion
forward.

With regards,

Akshat