[Neobrahmigp] Code-point repertoire for review - Hindi

Akshat Joshi akshatj at cdac.in
Thu May 26 06:55:54 UTC 2016

Dear Neo-brahmi GP members,

Further to the general principles document, we are submitting for
comments the draft "Code Point Repertoire" for Hindi language.

The creation of code-point repertoires for all the languages is the
second step in the overall LGR formation.

The chart we have prepared is based on the MSR-2 released by the
Integration Panel (Link
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/msr-2-non-cjk-13apr15-en.pdf>).
The MSR-2 is based on Unicode version 7.0.

It would be great to have comments from all on any of the language's
code point repertoire, however we would request you to take up the
language of your expertise on priority.  That way we would have more
code-point repertoires on the table sooner.

I am outlining the procedure that you may undertake while giving your
inputs for the language of your expertise.

1. Refer the MSR-2 document. (Link shared above)

2. Navigate to the script page that is used by your language.

3. As only the characters marked in yellow are permitted as per the MSR,
please provide us with the list of characters which you feel can be
omitted out of that list, for your language.

4. For each individual character that you propose for omission, please
provide the rationale behind.

If you need some boilerplate text from our side, do let me know. We
would see how that can be provided.

--
Regards,
Akshat Joshi

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]