[Neobrahmigp] Dial-IN details for 28th April

Dr. U.B. Pavanaja pavanaja at vishvakannada.com
Fri Apr 28 06:30:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

Here is my brief bio –

I have been into Indic computing for almost 3 decades now. Some of my expertise –

·         Good understanding of ASCII, ISCII, Unicode, Truetype & Opentype font, WEOF, CLDR, etc

·         Written programs in FORTRAN, BASIC, Pascal, VB.Net, SQL, etc

·         Created OTF for Kannada

·         Done lot of technical translations, created technical glossaries for Kannada

·         Contributor to Unicode consortium

o   Participated in Unicode conf at CA, USA, in 2001

o   Helped Unicode to fix the defects in Unicode Kannada

o   Member of Indic at Unicode.org mailing list

·         Participated in W3C India meetings, contributor & member of W3C India mailing list

·         Consultant to Microsoft India between 2002-07, helped MS in perfecting Indic in their technologies, helped with technical glossaries, helped in perfecting Kannada, conducted Bhasha Workshops, etc

·         Worked at Microsoft Research Labs on NLP areas of Indic

·         Worked for Wikipedia through CIS

·         Currently working on creating tagged corpus for Kannada to be used in NLP

…. And lot more J

Regards,

Pavanaja

+91.9902633113