[Neobrahmigp] Draft Devanagari LGR

Akshat Joshi akshatj at cdac.in
Fri Aug 4 12:27:25 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find attached, draft LGR document for Devanagari.
Request all to give the feedback on the same so that it can be finally
modified for sending across to the Integration Panel for comments.

There are two things that I have marked in red in the document.
1. The name of the accompanying XML file which we will finalize after
the finalization of the LGR rules and repertoire. You may please ignore
that for now.
2. Some of the languages which are yet to be taken into account

Apart from that, I have taken into consideration the feedback received
for Nepali and Newari . Only the Variants have not been taken into
account as they conflict with the "No confusingly similar cases as
Variants" policy of LGR Procedure. I will separately reply to the
proposed variants in Nepali and Newari. However, some such
casespertaining to Santhali have been added to the Variant table. We can
discuss the same over the mails. If required, will make further changes
if needed.

Major changes done to the document are:
1. Akshar formation rules have been simplified and inapplicable cases
have been removed e.g. Avagraha and Digits
2. Anusvara and Chandrabindu have been made separate categories as
discussed in the Kathmandu F2F meet.
3. Santhali nukta requirements have been incorporated and the WLE
section has been modified accordingly.
4. List of languages has been modified as per the EGIDS scale 1 to 4
5. Guiding principles have been added for code-point selection
6. Code-points as required by Sindhi and Kashmiri have been added

--
Regards,
Akshat Joshi

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]