[Neobrahmigp] [Ext] Re: Additional Column in Google doc for Code Point Analysis

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana pitinan.koo at icann.org
Mon Nov 27 04:47:45 UTC 2017

Dear Gangadhar

Thank you for your question. As the principle suggested by IP and widely adopted by various scripts generation panels, only the modern - everyday use character should be included.  This also applied for NBGP Devanagari script proposal (please see 4.1.1.1)

Please note that the NBGP scope of work is for the Root-Zone domain name system, which cover how to generate a label in the stable and secured way, but does not aim to cover all the linguistic aspects.

Therefore, to follow the principle, it might be suitable to documenting your analysis of these traditional-only code points and exclude them from the code point set.

Best Regards,
Pitinan