[Neobrahmigp] Neo-Brahmi GP fortnightly online meetings - 1230pm UTC every other Tuesday

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Tue Oct 10 13:23:59 UTC 2017

Dear All,
Here are notes from the chat room for today's call.
Regards,
Sarmad

----------------- (10/10/2017 17:18) -----------------
Bal Krishna Bal: Hello

Bal Krishna Bal: Fine, thanks
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:23) -----------------
Gangadhar Panday: hello all - ganga

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana: hi Ganga, can you hear audio?
 ----------------- (10/10/2017 17:25) -----------------
Gangadhar Panday: no

UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: Hello

Bal Krishna Bal: Hello Prof. Udaya
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:27) -----------------
UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: Hi

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana: Hi

Amadou: hi
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:29) -----------------
Jay Paudyal: hi all

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana: Hi Jay
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:31) -----------------
Gangadhar Panday: good evening Ajay
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:32) -----------------
HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): Hi
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:34) -----------------
Gangadhar Panday: is agenda being shared?

Abhijit Dutta, India: ( Hello. This is Abhijit Dutta from Delhi, India. )

Sarmad Hussain: yes, it was emailed

Sarmad Hussain: please mute your mic if you are not speaking
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:37) -----------------
Pitinan Kooarmornpatana: Akshat , you are very faint now

Abhijit Dutta, India: ( Muted  )

Abhijit Dutta, India: ( OK for me. )

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana: ok now

Gangadhar Panday: audio is poor even at max vol
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:42) -----------------
Bal Krishna Bal: We are open to dropping the halanta ending

Bal Krishna Bal: I had even emailed

Bal Krishna Bal: about it last night
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:45) -----------------
HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): Dear All,Kindlt share the contact details (E-mail ID's and Mobile Number) of all the Members of NBGP

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): at harish at nixi.in

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): for readout Session

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): You may also share the details of the relevant persons/particpants
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:49) -----------------
GANGADHAR PANDAY: Gangadhar Panday - Telugu

UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: As for the list of Jay, I wanted to add that apart from Bengali, we need to add Assamese and Manipuri feedback too

Akshat: I will be attending

UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: Depending on ICANN funding, I will

Gurpreet Singh Lehal: I am not going

GANGADHAR PANDAY: As of now I am not going to ICANN60

GANGADHAR PANDAY: but I am interested.

UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: As for Odia, Dr Panda has been talked to. He will suggest a name in a day

UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: For Tamil, I would suggest a younger faculty - Dr Arul Mozhi, from HCU  arulmozi at gmail.com

Rajiv Kumar: I will join ICANN

UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: For Malayalam, Dr V.S. Nair, ex-CIIL    sa36 at rediffmail.com

Jay Paudyal: m back
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:55) -----------------
UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: If Pavanaja agrees, could we involve Dr. B. Malikarjun  (ex-CIIL)   mallikarjun56 at gmail.com  094-491-78768
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:56) -----------------
Bal Krishna Bal: Tamang is already covered

Bal Krishna Bal: Limbu is only left as of now as far as Nepal is concerned
----------------- (10/10/2017 17:58) -----------------
Bal Krishna Bal: Sorry some issues with my mic

Akshat: Dr. Bal, please unmute yourself...

Akshat: that should be the problem
----------------- (10/10/2017 18:01) -----------------
Jay Paudyal: I think Saraiki is also one of them, it uses other scripts too
----------------- (10/10/2017 18:04) -----------------
Bal Krishna Bal: In that case, may be we should seek somebody from Sikkim

Bal Krishna Bal: though I don't have any reliable contact there

UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: You are right - Limbu writers from Darjeeling or Sikkim
----------------- (10/10/2017 18:07) -----------------
Bal Krishna Bal: If I am not wrong, Limbu and Lepcha are similar languages or the same languages

Jay Paudyal: I will try to find contacts there, I have some contacts in Tashi Namgyal Univ Sikkim

Bal Krishna Bal: Lepacha is widely spoken in Sikkim

Bal Krishna Bal: I guess

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): sikkim University has Depratment of Limbu language

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): trlimboo at cus.ac.in

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): Tej Raj Limboo

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): SAMPLE PUBLICATIONS

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): Limboo, Tej Raj (2008) "Aani Lakkhum Eng" Limboo Newspaper published from Sikkim Govt. College, Tadong,Limboo, Tej Raj (2009) "Aani Lakkhum Limboo" Literary magazine published from Sikkim Govt. College , Tadong.

Abhijit Dutta, India: ( North Bengal University may also be able to help. )

Bal Krishna Bal:  "Recent Adaptions of the Devanagari Script for the Tibeto-Burman Languages of Nepal"  by Michael Noonan,  University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.http://crossasia-repository.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/202/1/Recent_Adaptions_of_Devanagari_Script.pdf
----------------- (10/10/2017 18:11) -----------------
UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: Renu Mohan Bhan

UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: Sahitya Akademi

UDAYA NARAYANA SINGH: Mandi house
----------------- (10/10/2017 18:14) -----------------
Jay Paudyal: Dr. Sarmad, I would be needing transcripts of today chart. As it has few references

Hempal Shrestha - Nepal: I am not sure but if we can reach out to : Rajesh Verma, Former Secretary, Government of Sikkim mgiht be of some help in this case

Hempal Shrestha - Nepal: at his email ID: r_verma32 at hotmail.com

Abhijit Dutta, India: I agree Dr. Hussain.

Abhijit Dutta, India: Likewise with all other languages / scrupts
 ----------------- (10/10/2017 18:20) -----------------
HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): Kindly share the contact details (E-mail ID's and Mobile Number) of all the Members of NBGP at harish at nixi.in for readout Session.You may also share the details of the relevant persons/particpants

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): kindly also share action points

Bal Krishna Bal: thanks

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana: thank you .

Bal Krishna Bal: by

Gurpreet Singh Lehal: Thanks

Jay Paudyal: thank you all

Abhijit Dutta, India: Best wishes to everyone. Bye.

Bal Krishna Bal: bye

Hempal Shrestha - Nepal: thanks

Rajiv Kumar: Thank you

HARISH CHOWDHARY (NIXI): Thanks