[Neobrahmigp] [Ext] Malayalam additional cross script variant code points

veena solomon veena.ycet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:10:27 UTC 2018

എന്റെ =  U+0D0E U+0D28 *U+0D4D* U+0D31 U+0D46
എൻ്റെ  = U+0D0E U+0D7B *U+0D4D U*+0D31 U+0D46  (Here we use chillu + virama
and it is rendered incorrectly as
in some fonts and browsers.

എന്‍റെ = U+0D0E U+0D28 *U+0D4D *U+200D U+0D31 U+0D46 (This is how it has
been written historically, before the introduction of atomic chillu and it
uses zero width joiner). This sequence is rendered correctly because of
font support.

Hence, if we block  U+0D7B *U+0D4D *improper representation is favored or
else zwj has to be included.

*Veena Solomon*

[image: Twitter icon] <http://www.twitter.com/vinazol> [image: Pinterest
icon] <http://www.pinterest.com/vinazol> [image: Facebook icon]