[Neobrahmigp] LGR to IP

Kuldeep Patnaik kuldeep.patnaik3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:16:02 UTC 2018

Dear Mahesh Sir,

It's really great to see your support in reviewing the Oriya Proposal by
experts.

Please find my responses in Blue and also for your reference, attaching the
final version of Odia LGR proposal in the pdf format below (already shared
in NBGP group) which we are suggesting to send it to IP.

1. About BA and WA

 i. Only 0B2C ବ ODIA LETTER BA is recommended for use in Oriya (Odia)
language

 ii. Only 0B71 ୱ ORIYA LETTER WA is recommended for use in Oriya (Odia)
language

 iii. 0B35 ଵ ORIYA LETTER (BA inside dot) is *not* recommended for use in
Oriya (Odia) language

 0B2C ବ ODIA LETTER BA and 0B71 ୱ ORIYA LETTER WA included and 0B35 ଵ ORIYA
LETTER (BA inside dot) excluded in the Oriya Proposal. So this
suggestion is already accommodated in the proposal.

2. DANDA (PURNACHEDA)

   Only 0B64 DANDA is recommended for use in Oriya (Odia) language  -

The TLDs being identifiers, punctuation markers present in Brahmi based
languages such as Danda"।" 0B64 will not be included.

It is also not available to discuss in proposal as it is not part of MSR-3
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/msr-3-non-cjk-28mar18-en.pdf>Printed:
28-Mar-2018. page no 58

So this suggestion may not be accommodated in the proposal.

3. OM

  Separate OM (not Hindi) character is required for use in Oriya (Odia)
language.

No such code point is available for It is also not available to discuss in
proposal as it is not part of MSR-3
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/msr-3-non-cjk-28mar18-en.pdf>Printed:
28-Mar-2018. page no 58

So this suggestion is also may not be accommodated in the proposal.

Thank you once again for your support

Best regards

Kuldeep Patnaik