[Neobrahmigp] [lgr] FW: ICANN News Alert -- Proposals for Devanagari, Gurmukhi, and Gujarati Scripts' Root Zone‬ Label Generation Rules

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Sat Jul 28 01:48:09 UTC 2018

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that the Neo-Brahmi GP has finalized and published
Root Zone LGR proposals for three scripts: Devanagari, Gurmukhi and Gujarati.
See below for further details (see the complete list of proposals published
here <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/lgr-proposals-2015-12-01-en> ).

We look forward to the comments and feedback from the community.

Regards,
Sarmad

News Alert

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2018-07-27-en [icann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_news_announcement-2D2018-2D07-2D27-2Den&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZBvdgyyLm-mxd028M4&m=HSRN4kMOhkD7Zdeimu2M4SI5tHVznotpcV_Fi3Mii_0&s=ogaBNH1YjDx_tXEaTPUGBwHcLIfHMby1W1cqES_DUjE&e=>

  _____

Proposals for Devanagari, Gurmukhi, and Gujarati Scripts' Root Zone Label
Generation Rules

Open Date:

Close Date:

Originating Organization:

Global Domains Division

Categories/Tags:

Top-Level Domains

Brief Overview:

The Neo-Brahmi Script Generation Panel (NBGP) was formed by nine communities
that use scripts derived from the Brahmi script. NBGP is developing Root Zone
Label Generation Rules (LGR) for Bengali, Devanagari, Gujarati, Gurmukhi,
Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Tamil and Telugu scripts. The GP intends to publish
the proposals for the LGRs of these nine scripts in three sets, releasing
proposals for the scripts which share cross-script variant code points
together to the extent possible. The first set includes the following: (1)
Proposal for the Devanagari Script Label Generation Rules for the Root Zone,
(2) Proposal for the Gurmukhi Script Label Generation Rules for the Root Zone,
and (3) Proposal for the Gujarati Script Label Generation Rules for the Root
Zone. As per the LGR Procedure [icann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_en_system_files_files_lgr-2Dprocedure-2D20mar13-2Den.pdf&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZBvdgyyLm-mxd028M4&m=HSRN4kMOhkD7Zdeimu2M4SI5tHVznotpcV_Fi3Mii_0&s=oG98u_YsPgmV-IHIqvcs9nuMMePyEwzdBTbfsuH1we0&e=>
, these proposals are being posted for public comments to allow those who have
not participated in the NBGP to make their views known. Based on the feedback,
the NBGP will finalize each proposal for its evaluation and integration into
the Label Generation Rules for the Root Zone.

Link:

https://www.icann.org/public-comments/devanagari-gurmukhi-gujarati-scripts-lgr-2018-07-27-en
[icann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_public-2Dcomments_devanagari-2Dgurmukhi-2Dgujarati-2Dscripts-2Dlgr-2D2018-2D07-2D27-2Den&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZBvdgyyLm-mxd028M4&m=HSRN4kMOhkD7Zdeimu2M4SI5tHVznotpcV_Fi3Mii_0&s=Qmsakhpok8gUaSVuDIkZ9jidYiHy_0QCFEp70TdtKho&e=>