[Neobrahmigp] Malayalam v1.9 20180309

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Fri Apr 5 16:12:28 UTC 2019

Dear Veena, All,

Kindly find below the response from IP on the Malayalam LGR proposal.  We would request you to please incorporate the feedback and share the updated version.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sarmad

  _____

From: Integration Panel

To: NeoBrahmi Generation Panel

The IP has reviewed the March 06 2019 update to the LGR proposal and tentatively concludes that it is good to go with one small change in Section 6.1.

However, we would like to confirm that the GP understands that, as written, the LGR disallows the sequence 0D33 0D33 0D33 (ളളള). While it may not correspond to any words, we do find it used on the internet for things like user and account names on various public websites. Such use may indicate that some people might find it desirable as an IDN. On the other hand, adding this sequence would require careful attention as to its variants and context rules, which adds some incremental complexity.

On balance, the IP is content to accept the decision of the GP in this matter, as long as the omission is indeed intentional. Please confirm either way.

-Integration panel

Details:

In Section 6.1, it says:

The variants in set 1 contain all three sequences. And the disposition is “blocked”.

However, in the XML that is not the case as 0D7B 0D4D 0D31 is not part of the variant set.

The language is a bit confused on that one. The clearly talk about "disallowing" the Sequence, 1b, which is the one you give here, and which is not in the XML.

Therefore, the concluding sentence needs a tweak:

"The variants in set 1 contain all three sequences. And the disposition is “blocked”. "

"The variants in set 1 contain the remaining two variant sequences with disposition “blocked”. "

Also, not all paragraphs in Section 6.1 are single-spaced (like the remainder of the document).

  _____