[Neobrahmigp] Gujarati LGR proposal v3.5 - 20190220

Akshat Joshi akshatj at cdac.in
Wed Mar 6 08:25:50 UTC 2019

Dear Dr. Sarmad,

Please find attached, the Gujarati LGR package with all the edits
incorporated as suggested by the IP. Would like to thank Pitinan for the
edits.

If there are no further comments on the same from the NBGP list, would
like to submit this for publishing on the proposal's webpage
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/lgr-proposals-2015-12-01-en>  for
IP evaluation.

Regards,

Akshat Joshi

On 04-03-2019 08:55, Sarmad Hussain wrote:

> Dear Akshat and NBGP members,
>
> IP has suggested some minor edits to consider before final submission
> of the proposal, listed in their message below.
>
> As next steps, once these edits are incorporated, the proposal will be
> published at the proposals’ webpage
> <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/lgr-proposals-2015-12-01-en> as
> the final version after public comment, and then IP will undertake its
> evaluation.
>
> Regards,
> Sarmad

> To: NeoBrahmi Generation Panel
>
> From: Integration Panel
>
> We reviewed the updated Gujarati proposal dated Feb 20, 2019 and find
> no issues beyond some small edits. While we recommend the updates to
> the XML, we leave that decision to the GP.
>
> -Integration Panel
>
> *_DETAILED FEEDBACK_*
>
> *DOCX*:
>
> P4 footnote 7: Die Klassifikation der indogermanischen[ ]Sprachen
> [homepages.fh-giessen.de]
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__homepages.fh-2Dgiessen.de_kausen_klassifikationen_Indogermanisch.doc&d=DwMDaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KTETvEaGPwPcawI-QmNa-kiv-ZBvdgyyLm-mxd028M4&m=_7b0hCg205bvaBmTK1pZEpyaRX1ngOIMiX5ZSyUmWEM&s=n46fsVPY98pLWMgu_QaDcy7VtjPn1cW-4ypqjABSClc&e=>
>
>                    A space is missing where shown by [ ] above.
>
> This may not be worth fixing unless the document has to be touched
> again for some other reason.
>
> *XML*:
>
> These changes, especially the first two are definitely recommended:
>
> (1) There's a typo in a comment for a rule: Anusavara should be Anusvara
>
> (2) There is a typo in "Whole Label Evaluat[i]on (WLE)" - an "i" is
> missing (in the <description>)
>
> (3) Names for rules should begin with lowercase to be consistent with
> the RZ LGR conventions.
>
> (4) The rule comments for Follows-only-specific-C
> and Follows-only-C-or-N could be made more readable and more
> consistent in their choice of full name vs abbreviation:
>
> N must be preceded only by specific set of Cs
>
> =>
>
> Nukta must be preceded only by specific set of Consonants (C1)
>
> (5)
>
> Halant must be preceded by C or N; WLE 5: M: must be preceded by C or N
>
> =>
>
> Halant must be preceded by C or N; WLE 5: Matras must be preceded by C
> or N

Regards,
Akshat Joshi
C-DAC GIST

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]